Pages

English Português

Jul 15, 2014

Cookie Bowls and Ice Cream

I will have Mondays everyday if ends with cookies and ice cream! Even better if I can give this beloved dessert a gourmet look. 


I love perusing in kitchen stores for novelties, and last week at Sur La Table, I saw this cookie bowl pan. My first thought was: cool! My second thought was: I can make this with the muffin pan I already have at home! Because I love seeing all the novelty tools, but I prefer to have just the multi-functional basics. More often than not, there is a way to adapt, be creative with what we already have. 

I made a batch of Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are my husband's favorite. With the muffin pan upside down, I placed a ball of cookie dough (roughly larger than a tablespoon) on top of each of cups. Once in place, I flattened the dough slightly using the back of the spoon - but heat and gravity did the rest! I baked it for 10 minutes at 350F. When I took it out of the oven, the cookie bowls looked golden and delicious, with blotches of melting chocolate chips all around. Being careful to to brake it, I removed the cookie bowl from the tin and placed it on a plate. Then came the ball of ice cream inside, making for a beautiful presentation of this simple dessert. 

Maybe the special pan would have made more perfectly shaped cookie bowls, but I actually like the irregularity, it seem more interesting and gourmet to me. Plus, I don't think I could use a soft cookie recipe on the cookie bowl pan, as it seems to require rolling out the dough. So, what do you think? Would you go for the specialty pan or the already-sitting-in-my-kitchen-cabinet muffin pan solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment